[ct-user] re:CT 9.48 glitch

N3RR N3RR" <n3rr@erols.com
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 15:50:21 -0000

What's going on here?  I had two times this weekend that CT lost
communication with the IC-781/CT-17 and I had to restart CT to obtain
communications again.  That has never happened in over 13 years of using CT.
And WA3NKO (below) has it happen all the time!!??

Since I used change bands hundreds of times in a contest, if I had had this
problem in the past, I would have noticed it and posted it as a problem long
ago.  This contest, though, I ran more than used the ALT-A window, so maybe
that's the issue.  Does continuously staying on one band (freq) affect the
communications with the ICOM CT-17 interface?  (Ken??)

I happened to look up and see that the band had changed to 20 meters while I
was on 40, so I wrote myself an ALT-N note to go back and change it later.
This happened twice in 40 hours of ARRLDXCW.  Never has this happened
before, or is it that I never noticed it before??

Ken, is there an issue with maintaining connection with the ICOM CT-17?
Seems like ICOM users are reporting this problem more than others.  If so,
we need a fix, since CT now seems less than reliable, for me at least.

For reference, up until 1999 CQWWSSB, I used CT9-27 and, earlier, CT9-26
from nearly the day CT9-26 was released.  In October 1999, I started using
CT9-46.002.  I noticed no problems in the 1999 CQWW contests (or any time
previous).  I've used the same PC, CT-17, cables since 1997.  I've also had
several IC-781s and a 775DSP during that time as well.

Bill, N3RR