[ct-user] Problem Keying from LPT1 Using W1WEF Interface

Frank Grossman Frank Grossman <71042.1303@compuserve.com>
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 00:39:06 -0500

Hi Waldek,

Thanks once again for your response to my question about keying through the
LPT port on my computer.

>>1) HF interference (I'm sure, you tried this, but...)<<

As indicated previously, I eliminated this possibility by keying only the
sidetone.

>> 2) If W1WEF interface is working properly with CT <= 9.27 and
shows above behaviour with later versions you need to modify the
keyer. <<

Also, as indicated in my previous response, I do not believe the problem is
software-related.  I can key the IC-765 through com-2; I'm key down until the
"first beep" using com-2, just as you describe it.  Everything works fine
after that first key down.

>> Look in the manual of CT, you'll see that there are 2 lines for keying:
enable and key. I dunno remember pin numbers (I don't have my manual here, I
think it were 1 and 17). <<

I investigated this possibility, but as far as I can tell, the pins are
correct.

There are two possibilities that come to mind at this point, but both are
WAGS.  First, the Maxar 486/20 system I'm using with CT 9.48 is not
compatible with LPT1 keying to the IC-765, but this seems unlikely since the
port has run printers fine for nearly 10 years.  (The machine originally had
a 386 processor.)  Another possibility is that I need a TSR for the LPT port,
but the manual doesn't mention this.

Can you or anyone else on the list come up with something?

Frank
WB2BXO

[TAPCIS: Message was sent to 1 address]

----End Forwarded Message(s)----