[ct-user] Problem With 5 Character HQ Abbreviations

Doug Brandon Doug Brandon <dab@home.com>
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 11:41:56 -0700

I would highly recommend you examine at your .LOG file before submitting
it.  The multiplier field looks like it's a four character field, but
there's no checking to see if you enter more than four characters.  Strings
are null terminated and depending on what random goodies you have in memory
after position 5 (where the null normally goes) when you do a WRITELOG, you
may get extra garbage after the 5 character HQ strings in your .LOG
file.  I had a few cases of an extra 10 characters of binary junk after
mine and it messes up the remaining fields on the line.  Use any text
editor to search for all instances of those five letter HQ entries and make
sure they are ok (just delete the binary junk if you find any).  Save the
log checkers some time and check your own .LOG file before submitting.

    73 de Doug, N6RT

| Doug Brandon   dab@home.com |
| http://members.home.com/dab |