[ct-user] Re:iaru Cabrillo

Brian Alsop Brian Alsop <alsopb@gloryroad.net>
Sun, 09 Jul 2000 20:13:59 -0400

Pete,

I frankly don't understand what more can be done that CQ has not done
for log checking.  They don't need (probably don't want either)
Cabrillo.

It's a problem at the ARRL and not with the files of the logging
programs.
They don't have the will to put in some effort to accept files in common
formats.

IMHO Cabrillo is a god-awful format (just look at one) which will at
least double the size of every log being submitted.  As for it's
flexibility, why then are different format files needed for different
contests?

de Brian/K3KO
Pete Smith wrote:

> My understanding is that the authors of the format did consult with the
> major CONTEST logging program authors.

This is an example of the wrong focus.