[ct-user] LPT Keying Cable? Problem

Frank Grossman Frank Grossman <71042.1303@compuserve.com>
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 00:20:13 -0400

>>"True DOS" means that windows has never started since the last boot,
right!?<<

That's correct.

>>I'm not sure, but certainly < +- 20V. If it's working, you'll see the
voltage changing while keying. Otherwise you won't. <<

We'll make some measurements and get back to you.  Thanks!

>>Have you verified your cable can be used to key a rig from another
computer.<<

We took the interface over to K2QMF's shack and tried it on his computer and
radio.  It worked fine.

>> Simply verifying that LPT1 can drive a printer doesn't
necessarily verify the pin that drives the keying line. Also, how does trying
"two different computers" verify one LPT? <<

Well, using two different computers means we've tested the interface with two
different LPT ports.  Is it likely that both LPT ports have the same pinning
problem?

Thanks for the help!  We'll have a good laugh when we find the answer because
it will no doubt be something simple none of us have thought of. -s-

73,
Frank