[ct-user] VFO B frequency

Gilmer, Mike Gilmer, Mike" <mgilmer@gnlp.com
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 08:15:37 -0500

Last night, I was finally able to recreate one, albeit infrequent, problem I
have during contests using CT.  I've often noticed that my TS-940's VFO-B
gets stepped on for no apparent reason.  I sometimes use the A=B on the
TS940 as a quick memory and later find VFO-B hosed up.  Sometimes it on some
"normal" frequency - I attributed it to operator error - perhaps I
accidentally grabbed a "Split" spot and didn't notice it.  Other times it
was in ala-land, say at 245kHz.

Condx:  Packet and radio (TS-940) interfaced to CT. Version 9.48

Someone makes a spot like this:   DX ZZ1ZZZ 21002 qsx+2

I grabbed a spot just like this from the packet callout window last night.
CT correctly loads 21002 as the frequency on VFO A.
However, because the QSX format is not "standard", CT thinks the QSX freq.
is the time-stamp(!) of the spot (as seen in the packet window).  I noticed
(at 0239Z last night) that my VFO B had been loaded with 239KHz from a spot
just like that.

I tried it deliberately by making a test spot like the example above.  It
"worked".

73
Mike N2MG