[ct-user] ALT-F fix time bug?

n3oc@wirelessinc.com n3oc@wirelessinc.com
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 17:55:18 GMT

We had a strange thing happen with 9.48 when trying to fix some times.

First, the computers are on local time and have a SET TZ=EST5 statement
in their config.sys, and CT is logging on the correct time.

When I try to "fix" a time with ALT-F, and type in the new time,
CT adds five hours to it and refuses to put in the time I enter!

If I trick it and "fix" my time 5 hours earlier and hit enter, I can
get it to the time I want.

I would guess computers set on UTC not using the TZ statement do not
see this problem...

Ken, the alt-f routine needs to disregard the TZ statement, since it
is already starting with the correct time and doesn't need to add
the 5 hours to it.

73!
Brian N3OC

This message was sent using Hub Internet Services Global Mail.
http://www.knight-hub.com/