[ct-user] Kenwood, DVP and hum

Gilmer, Mike Gilmer, Mike" <mgilmer@gnlp.com
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 11:18:31 -0500

Thanks to all who steered me towards the "bad" ground wiring.

I dug a little deeper and found an old official Harvard Radio cable (that
came with the used made-in-USA back-up DVP card I bought) and a schematic.

I compared the "new" official Harvard cable to the "old" schematic.  Not the
same in the grounding.  I haven't figured out what exactly is different.
Need to find the "new" schematic, too.  Maybe LZ sent me a "bad" cable or
maybe the design has changed and is now "bad".  Anyway, when I hooked up the
older cable, the hum went away.  I stopped troubleshooting and started
getting ready for ARRL DX and put the station back together.

I had intentions of trying a newly purchased Radio Shack audio xfmr. Glad I
didn't have to experiment at that point in time.

73
Mike
n2mg@contesting.com