[ct-user] CTPATH variable

Rob Kennedy Rob Kennedy" <amtor@hotmail.com
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 15:44:04 -0500

Hi,

I thought there might be a newer version of CT version 8.  I asked the folks
at CT.  They said that there was NOT any newer versions.

They also said that they do not support CT8 anymore.  They want me to fork
out $45 to upgrade to version CT9.

On the CT web site, there are no upgrades for CT8.  There are some utilities
but that is it!

Perhaps there is an upgrade in the REGISTERED USER section of the web site
but you must be a registered user of CT9 to gain access to that part of the
web site.  Being a registered user of CT8 is not good enough.

I also understand that CT8 may not be Y2K compliant.  If so I may be forced
to upgrade -- JUST TO FIX A Y2K BUG!

I may just switch to WRITELOG for Windows which appears to offer more
features than CT.  Some HAMS also think WRITELOG is also easier to use
(especially if you are a Windows fan).

I will have to do some more research before making a final decision (i.e.
whether to continue with CT or go with WRITELOG for windows).  I have used
CT since CT7.

73's

Rob