[ct-user] re CAT CT FT-1000mp

K0TO-Idaho K0TO-Idaho" <k0to@arrl.org
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 08:56:29 -0700

Ken et.al.:

I am sure that this problem must be associated with the setup of the
COMTSR's and perhaps some other adjustments. I talked with Bill Kennemer at
ARRL HQ after the contest and he advised me to NOT set any of the COMTSR
parameters except the -B4800 and try it again. I have not had a chance to
really explore this, but I did make one quick test and it "seemed' as though
things were working more as I had expected. My previous experience has been
entirely with Kenwood radios.

The CAT light did flash during the contest. I could type in frequencies, but
the radio did not always seem to change the VFO. It did not even seem to go
up and down bands when I used the ALT-F1/F2 commands. However, I was much
more interested in finding multipliers and new countries (for the Idaho QTH)
than I was in having the radio perform tricks. Now that the contest is over
I will spend some time checking things out.

Again, I suspect that we have pilot error because there are simply too many
FT-1000MP's out in use with CT. If there had been a code problem the
reflector would have been swamped.

Thanks for your interest Ken.

73,
Tod, KØTO