[ct-user] QSX Reversed

Rob Kennedy Rob Kennedy" <amtor@hotmail.com
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 17:24:14 -0500

To me, it sounds like some rigs (like the TS-940s) do not send correct
updated data to CT fast enough (especially after switching from transmit to
receive).  It is a problem with the rig NOT CT.

If you are experiencing problems, you may want to check with the
manufacturer of the rig to see if there is an updated EPROM available for
the rig.  New rig firmware may solve the problem.  The TS-940 was sold for
many years.  I would be very surprised if Kenwood did not update the
firmware at least once.

If updated firmware is not available (or if updated firmware does not solve
the problem), it sounds like you must wait a bit after switching to receive
before sending a SPOT.  (Or just buy another rig - hi)

73's

Rob