[ct-user] Re: b2r9.exe ver 9.31 bug report

Jim Reisert AD1C Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 14:29:45 -0500

At 08:08 AM 11/17/00 -0800, Ken Crandall W6XB wrote:

>I recently installed DX4WIN and found that the latest version of b2r9.exe
>(ver 9.31, 1/25/99) created massive numbers of errors.  I installed the
>older b2r9.exe (ver 9.3, 2/1/98) and it worked fine.  What gives?

Apparently there are two flavors of B2R9 out there - one which supports
5-digit serial numbers, the other which supports only 4-digit serial
numbers.  The one with 5-digit serial numbers (the 1/25/99 version) will
break DX4WIN's import filter because it expects the .RES file data to be in
certain fixed positions, based on the serial number field only being 4
digits wide.

I have never liked using the .RES file for imports, and this is just
another reason why.  ADIF is the preferred way to go.

There are several options:

1.  Export your CT log to ADIF then import ADIF into DX4WIN.  This is known
to be free
     of the problem you reported.  You can find the file on www.k1ea.com
under Support
     Files.

2.  Don't use the "bug" version but keep using the old version.  As I said,
the spacing is the only
     difference, at least in your particular case.  I will try to resolve
the difference between these
     two files, and try to figure out exactly which version is posted to
the K1EA web site, and
     which version *should* be posted.

3.  Have Paul tell you how to modify the CT import filter to correct
this.  Has ANYONE ever run
     into this problem before?

73 - Jim AD1C

--