[ct-user] MFJ tnc problem

J.Pablo GARCIA J.Pablo GARCIA" <jpgarcia@sagem.es
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 21:54:39 +0100

We found a similar problem with CT v9.50.01 at EA4ML during last CW WW SSB.

The TNC is a TNC-2 compatible, 9600,8,N
The COM1 and COM2 works fine with other asincronous programs as MFJCOM,
Procomm, ...

Previous CT versions (9.27) works also OK.

However v9.50.01 doesn't display the received messages from the TNC-2
correctly. It seems like there is a delay between reception from the TNC and
the displaying at the CT. For instance, if you re-boot the TNC the TNC
prompt is not displayed, however when you press an <ENTER> at the CT TNC
window, this ENTER causes to display the previous prompt from the TNC. In
other words, like any new message from the TNC causes to display a previous
reception....

As those computers are the same that we have being using during last years
at our Multi/Multi Contest Station, the TNC-2 is also used during long years
ago, and it's only the CT release that we have changed, all seems to appoint
that there is some thing wrong at this new release (.?.)

Recently I checked this release v9.50.01 with a different TNC -> Kenwood
TH-D7, using the internal TNC, and BINGO..!, this TNC works OK.

So my conclusion is: There is some strange parameter (?) between the TNC-2
compatible and the last CT release that generate this strange situation. I
have tested with a new TNC-2 (same manufacturer) and the problem persist.

Of course, the COMTSR1 or COMTSR2 is loaded with the correct speed, parity
and word length.

Actually I have refused to use the CT with the TNC connected directly via
COM serial, because we are using the NetTelnetX by K1TTT, so this message
it's just for announcing our experience with this TNC-2 compatible model and
last CT version.

Maybe the Pb is located between this model and last release, but it's really
very perplexed. Isn't it?

|    Pablo GARCIA - EA4TX    |
|      ea4tx@ea4tx.com       |
|    http://www.ea4tx.com    |