[ct-user] Windows ME - Anything Further?

George Fremin III - K5TR George Fremin III - K5TR <geoiii@loja.kkn.net>
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 12:40:46 -0700

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 11:58:06AM -0400, Paul Elliott wrote:

> I looked at the postings on this topic in the archives, and was
> wondering if anyone has come up with a workaround on this.  We're
> getting a new PC that will have ME on it, and while I could go to the
> time and trouble of reinstalling 98, I'd rather not.  Am thinking

There are several ways around it.

DOS is still there - it is just hidden pretty well.

(I do not have a version of windows ME yet so I have not
tried this.)

There is a patch program with step by step instructions here:

http://www.geocities.com/mfd4life_2000/

> But that means I'd have to re-cable to work contests since day-to-day
> logging/QSL management/shack control here is via LOGic.  No good

This is a good solution.

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."