[ct-user] Major CQWW Cabrillo Header Problems

Bob Johnson Bob Johnson <rjohnson@ici.net>
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 13:41:15 -0400

Just downloaded CT 51.001 last night and was getting it setup for next
weekends CQWW SSB test.

I made a few test QSO entries and did a "WRITELOG" so I could check the
"CABRILLO" file.  I was quite surprised to find a number of problems.  With
the NOV QST in hand (pg 126) and Trey Garlough's web site on line
( www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo )

	1)MAJOR OMISSIONS:
		Zone or ARRL Section (I assume zone should be listed for CQWW)
		Operator Category: SO, SOA, M1, M2, MM, or School Club
		ZIP code
		Country

	2)FORMATTING:
		a)Contest Type: is line 8 after Start of Log (SOL), should be line 2
		b)Name & Address are near top, should be last thing before QSO data
		c)City, State, Zip, & Country could all be on one line

I don't know how critical the "Checking" software is about the sequence of
the header data, but hope it is smart enough to kick out submissions for
lack of data like "Operator Catagory".

I haven't checked to see if the data is in the right column, I'll leave
that for someone else !!!

With only a week to go for  CQWW SSB, I hope Ken can get this fixed in time.
(I know Ken, just what you need, another problem !!!  Thanks for all your
work !!!)

73, GL es See you in the tst
Bob
WA1OFR - FN42ma