[ct-user] packet problem with 9.51

AA4NC@aol.com AA4NC@aol.com
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 09:32:26 EDT

I installed 9.51 - everything is ok except for packet. I get lots of garbage
characters in the packet window. I have tried every combination of
bits/parity to no avail. The garbage bits I'm getting are not the usual ASCII
stuff that shows up when you have the baud settings wrong. It seems to be
extra letters and letters substituted for others. It's almost readable in
other words - maybe 25% of the letters are bad, so it seems to be close, but
no cigar.

The TNC/ packet setup works fine under Windows Hyperterminal using same
cabling/COM port/settings. It has worked fine with CT until now. It's a PK232
TNC.

Any suggestions?

Tnx,

Will