[ct-user] VK9ML Mellish Reef DXpedition Logging HELP !

Adam Maurer, VK4CP Adam Maurer, VK4CP" <vk4cp@one.net.au
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 10:56:43 +1000

My name is Adam, VK4CP, and I am the pilot for an up and coming DXpedition
to Mellish Reef, VK9ML.  We are the same team that ran the DXpedition to
Willis Island, VK9WI, in May 2000.

The team will again be using CT log, however the guys will have to use a
satellite phone to send back the log data to me.  At 2400bd (max data rate
of sat phone) it would take forever, as well as cost a small fortune, to
send back the data each day even after a few thousand QSOs.  I believe each
record length is 96 bytes.

Is there any way we could run some sort of application (does anyone have
something to do this) that could extract callsign, band and mode information
only and generate an ASCII text file, or a CSV text file.  This would result
is a 16 byte (or so) record per QSO and the overall data file to send back
would be a heap smaller.

Hope someone can help, otherwise we doubt we'll be able to provide the
DXers with an on-line log facility due to the prohibitive cost of satellite
phone calls.

BTW
We're using CT version 9.10a

Cheers,