[ct-user] Observations w/ FT990 CAT

Zoli Pitman HA1AG Zoli Pitman HA1AG" <ha1ag@compuserve.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:17:37 +0100

Hi guys,

Setup: DOS 6.22 on P-133MHz/16 MB RAM, CT9.47 (last verified version here -
the same are reproducable on the latest version 9.57 as well.), FT-990

Last weekend I noticed the following:

1, No Radio handling during ALT-G - While the ĀLT-G (talk over the network)
is active the radio control is not active. The CAT sign is not blinking and
after closing the ALT-G box, I see a radio timeout message.

2, After changing bands from CT the wide CW filter is selected. Even if the
narrow filters were selected on every bands before CT switched back to the
wide ones.

3, After changing bands from CT the default frequency is written in the
ALT-J box until the VFO is moved. Could the radio be queried right after
changing the bands ?

None of these could be classified even as "annoyances", these require only a
slight adjustment of the operating style. I thought they are worth
mentioning though.

73 de Zoli HA1AG