[ct-user] Radio Control Problem Possible Solution

Gary Yantis gyantis@midtec.com
Sat, 7 Jul 2001 18:47:29 -0600

Bob,

Sorry, I didn't read your original question -- just the comment from someone
that said they got CT to work in Windows but not DOS so thought they were
repeating your question.  Do you have any other logging program to try your
computer with your FT-1000MP in Windows?  That's how I pinned down the
problem and then the answer I listed.  I was trying to help a friend get his
laptop to work with CT.  I temporarily put my copy of DX4WIN on his laptop
and found it communicated fine with his FT-1000MP.  So that told me the
serial port of the FT-1000MP was configured correctly and his connection
cable was OK.  As you are probably aware, the RS232 port on the FT-1000MP
used to come out of the factory in a "who knows what" state.  About every
other FT-1000MP had to have a master reset done to make the RS232 port
function with logging programs.  Now I understand Yaesu tests the RS232 port
signals in final test.

Anyway, once I was sure the FT-1000MP was OK I then tried my laptop and it
worked fine with CT in DOS with his FT-1000MP.  By doing that I verified his
PC serial comm port was actually the same port I was specifying in CT setup
and the tsr command.  The only thing left was that, for some reason, the
serial port on his laptop wasn't enabled in DOS but was in Windows.  So I
went into his DOS BIOS setup and low and behold the serial port was set to
"disabled".  Unfortunately (so far), there has not been a happy ending.
I've tried everything but can not get his Toshiba laptop to "save" the
setting when I change it to "enabled".  I've changed IRQs and disabled the
parallel port, etc to no avail.  I've about decided it is a hardware problem
that may remain broken.

But good luck on getting yours to work!

73
Gary, W0TM