[ct-user] File Merge Question

Alan C. Zack k6acz@earthlink.net
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 16:32:56 -0700

Brian:
I am unclear of what your final objective may be.  If it is too have some
sort of record or log of ALL contacts made within a certain time period maybe
a spreadsheet program like Excel is your answer.  I import some contest logs
to Excel so I can "play" with them.  Like arrange (sort) my contacts in
alphabetical order instead of chronological order for QSL purposes so I can
mail out QSL's for several contest logs at the same time, etc.  Any amount of
new data (newer contests logs) can be added at any time.
Just a suggestion, 73

Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Jul 2001 17:52:23 -0400, Brian - KF2HC wrote:
>
> >Is it possible to MERGE .BIN files from different contests types (IE: a ARRL
> >10M file with a DXpedition file) or does MERGE work only with files from the
> >same type contest?
>
> Usually only with the same contests.  There are limited number of bands
> that CT recognizes in each contest, and they are all indexed the same
> way - i.e. the lowest numbered band in an HF contest (160m) would be
> band=0, but the lowest numbered band in a VHF contest (6m) would *also*
> be band=0.  Field Day, DXpedition and the VHF contests are the biggest
> problems.  If the contests you are trying to merge ONLY use 160m-10m
> (and not 30/17/12) you *may* be able to merge the logs.
>
> - Jim
>
> --
> Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA 01863
> USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
>
> --
> WWW:                      http://www.k1ea.com/
> Submissions:              ct-user@contesting.com