[ct-user] CT9.60

Ken Wolff Ken Wolff" <kwolff@ultranet.com
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:27:40 -0400

In the beginning CT simply used the count of QSO's in the for serial
numbers. When networking, and dropped QSO's, came along the serial numbers
got out of sync.

Later on, CT was changed to have an internal sent serial number field in the
binary record. That way a R2B with QSO's missing would not shift all the
serial numbers

As of last year CT was changed so each station broadcasts its idea of the
serial numbers on each band  about once minute. CT looks at the incoming
numbers and does nothing if they match. Uses the incoming number if it is
higher than the internal number. Uses the internal number if it is higher
than the incoming number, then broadcasts the new number to all the other
stations.

As you can see, one bad high number propagates out of control.

In addition to looking for the source of bad numbers, I think I will add a
command to set any band to any serial number, and broadcast it to all the
other computers.

I appreciate any input.

- Ken