[ct-user] CT with Windows XP, NT or Win2000

Alan Braun albraun@earthlink.net
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 15:29:54 -0000

I'm going to have to wipe the hard disk and reinstall the OS on my Win98
machine due to multiple broken applications (been running it for 3 yrs now).
I'm debating which OS to reinstall - Win98, Me, or XP. Has anyone
successfully run CT under one of the 32-bit windows versions - NT, Win2k, or
XP? I'm particularly interested in how well the CW and voice keyer functions
worked - I've never done any networking and probably won't. If it won't run
directly, what tweaks (e.g. device drivers) need to be installed and where
can they be gotten?

I guess I could always set up a separate DOS partition, but since I'd like
to be able to get access to internet clusters during contests, it would be
better if there's a way to run it in a window under XP.

I'd appreciate any thoughts from the assembled multitude. See you all in SS!

Alan Braun MD, NS0B
Norwalk IA