[ct-user] Keying External Voicekeyer with F1-F4 Keys

Logan Dietz cdietz@swbell.net
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 17:51:30 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C1566B.2F872540

Is the circuit in the CT manual with 4 transistors to key an external =
voicekeyer still supported in CT?  I have an Icom 756PROII and I have =
bought the special Heil headset/boom mic which works very well.  I would =
like to key the 756 internal voice keyer with the function keys.

Chuck, W5PR

    (I would use my dvk, but the problem is there is about 8 volts on =
the mic lead in Icom rigs.  In order to use the dvk, you need a cap to =
block the voltage.  If you use the cap, the Heil built for the Icom will =
not work.  If you use the regular Heil, there is not enough audio =
without the in-line amp.  If you use the amp there is an RF getting into =
the audio problem...)

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C1566B.2F872540

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Is the circuit in the CT manual with 4 =
transistors=20
to key an external voicekeyer still supported in CT?&nbsp; I have an =
Icom=20
756PROII and I have bought the special Heil headset/boom mic which works =
very=20
well.&nbsp; I would like to key the 756 internal voice keyer with the =
function=20
keys.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Chuck, W5PR</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (I would use my dvk, =
but the=20
problem is there is about 8 volts on the mic lead in Icom rigs.&nbsp; In =
order=20
to use the dvk, you need a cap to block the voltage.&nbsp; If you use =
the cap,=20
the Heil built for the Icom will not work.&nbsp; If you use the regular =
Heil,=20
there is not enough audio without the in-line amp.&nbsp; If you use the =
amp=20
there is an RF getting into the audio =
problem...)</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C1566B.2F872540--