[ct-user] BUGS / QUESTION

Bob Naumann - N5NJ n5nj@gte.net
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 09:43:23 -0500

Pat,

What you need to do is make sure your computers are not likely to go down
and also make your network more reliable.

Going to Ethernet will help the network portion of the problem.  Serial port
networks are troublesome at best.

If you use an Ethernet hub, if one computer drops out, only its' log will
miss the few qsos that get logged during the time it reboots.  All the
others will stay in-synch.

This may not be an option for you as you probably cannot do Ethernet with
those 486's.

If your computers will not run reliably, you need to get more reliable
computers.

If you must stay with Serial networking, use the -LOOP configuration.  The
LOOP method seems to work better.

If your network is not reliable, and your computers are also not reliable,
you will have to deal with them being out of sync.  If you are serious about
contesting, your computers and your network must be reliable.  The
work-arounds you are requesting are not necessary if your computers and
network function properly.

What type of messages do you wish to keep displayed in the gab window ?  You
can hit Alt-I to bring it back.

Perhaps there is another feature of CT you're not using that is causing you
to want this ?

Regarding rovers, the call + the grid makes the QSO unique.  Is it really
that much trouble to enter the grid then press the space bar to determine if
it's a dupe or not ?

73,
Bob
N5NJ