[ct-user] VHF contest modes for Stew Perry

Ken Brown ken.d.brown@verizon.net
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 08:47:14 -1000

I used on of the VHF contest modes, because the accept grid square
entries for the exchange, for the Stew Perry contest. The problem was
that the DUPE check function does not work until the grid square is
entered. Checking for a dupe with only a callsign entered always results
in "Needed Call".  This may be a feature appropriate in a contest with
"rover" stations, but it really was pain in the neck in the Stew Perry,
probably for other stations who I annoyed by calling them again too. I
really wish these features were more controllable or selectable by the
user.