[ct-user] Logging while keying transmitter

Carl - WC4H wc4h@itis.net
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 13:39:03 -0500

I just program F6 for "?" only.  I type whatever part of the call I get and
press F5 followed by F6 then the other ham knows I have part of the call and
gives me the rest.  If I need to send "cl?"  I use the keyer, the Alt+K or
just type CL in the callsign field and press F5+F6.  I have found that I
seldom send the "cl?" combination.

73
Carl
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jim Dicso
  To: ct-user@contesting.com
  Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2002 11:54 AM
  Subject: Re: [ct-user] Logging while keying transmitter

  Thanks for the quick and helpful replies, especially Brian/K3KO who helped
answer the hidden question.   Here's what I learned after trying the F1-F12
functions.

  If you type a partial call into the callsign field and want to get
confirmation, you can
  1.  invoke F6 (send "cl?") asking for a full call to be retransmitted or
  2.  invoke F5 (send "his call") which transmits the partial callsign.
  Useful to know that if the callsign field is empty in a new entry, the
previous call is in the F5 buffer (in the situation where a completed entry
is corrected by the station previously worked).

  I need to develop the contest rhythm on using the stored messages and ALT
K (two keys) to transmit. Previously, I've used PKGold which has a visible
type ahead buffer and uses the ESC key to start transmitting.....just
different.

  Thanks,  Jim/K2SZ