[ct-user] CT with Windows XP

Ken Wolff kwolff@charter.net
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 18:22:17 -0400

I will compile all the command line utilities as Windows character mode
programs, then put them on the Web.

- Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: ct-user-admin@contesting.com [mailto:ct-user-admin@contesting.com]
On Behalf Of David Robbins
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 6:16 PM
To: 'Bob Anthony'; ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [ct-user] CT with Windows XP

This seems to be a recurring question...

Yes, the dos ct version will run in an xp command window (the equivalent
of the dos window in older versions of windows).  There is no boot to
dos option in xp though you could probably configure the system for dual
boot to handle that if you really wanted to.  You can load comtsr's to
talk to normal com ports for radio control.  I don't know about cw
sending from either serial or parallel though.  I haven't tried a dvp on
it either.

At least some of the utilities like merge, fixmine, ct_time, b2r9, etc
refuse to run.  Ken has recompiled a couple of them so they work, but
I'm not sure if they are on the web site or not.

Ctwin may be a better choice as it gives direct telnet access to the
internet for dx spots and should be happier in a command window.

Maybe someone else can collect info on the other things I haven't tried
and come up with a complete list of what does and doesn't work.... or
maybe they have on the web site and I just haven't seen it.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net