[ct-user] FOLLOW-UP CABRILLO FILE

N7MAL n7mal@citlink.net
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 06:55:10 -0000

Here is the official answer from Trey:

Each one of your lines created two "errors", because the QSO: line was
missing something from the end and the "missing" part that had wrapped
over to a new line.  This means that 25 lines generated 50 "errors"
and once the robot gets to 50 errors it gives up.

The reason the robot gives up is that if ZF2NT sends a 5000 line log
over the phone from the Caymans at 14k, he is paying by the minute,
and he will be especially displeased to get a 15,000 line error
message back!
Anyhow, I just went and took a look at your log on the server and
everything is 100% ok.  No worries.

In an earlier reply Trey indicated this is a common problem which he and the
ARRL are aware of and when time permits he will have a "fix" for it. This is
part of his answer from my original email to him:
As it turns out, the log checking program is smarter than the robot is
in this respect, and it will figure out that the lines are split and
glue them back together during the log checking process.
Making the robot smarter about this is on my wishlist, but I haven't
gotten around to doing it yet.

So the bottom line is don't worry

MAL               N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ