[ct-user] Extended/Expanded Memory and the Pentium 2

J. Edward (Ed) Muns w0yk@msn.com
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 16:37:22 -0800

I'm about to install a DVP in a 400MHz Pentium 2 and am confused about
"extended memory" or "expanded memory" with respect to this CPU.  I have
294MB of RAM and two 13GB hard drives onto which I will put a 2GB DOS 6.22
partition for running CT.  Years ago, I understood extended memory and
expanded memory with respect to the 286, but I don't know what it means for
today's computers such as this one I'm setting up.  This is important for
setting up the RAMdisk for the DVP.

Would someone please educate me on this?

Thanks,
Ed - W0YK