[ct-user] ARRL 10m Contest Sections

k4oj k4oj@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 13:30:10 -0500

..I think that if you look at the summary sheet for your operation (or
the header in Cabrillo file) you will see "Section: __" as an assist to
the ARRL people in putting your log into the right grouping of entries
(like WCF is West Central Florida) - since you will be abroad I think DX
is your best pick :-)

Enjoy the rate!

Jim, K4OJ

Alan C. Zack wrote:

>Thanks for the suggestion.  Tried DU1/K6ACZ, K6ACZ/DU1, tried
>temporarily removing my CT.CFG file to prevent having my address
>automatically filled in and put Manila as my city and Philippines as
>my country but still get the SECTION? box to fill in.  I won't worry
>about it if it won't affect my score or logging.  I was concerned that
>as DX I need to send a serial number as part of my report as opposed
>to sending a state (CA) as part of my report if at home, and by doing
>so I would screw up my log or score if I did not correctly enter my
>section.  Others have suggested I put PAC, DX, or DU in the section
>box when it asks for it.
>Thanks for all the suggestions.  I will play around with it some more
>but thought maybe someone else had the answer.
>Thanks and 73
>
>Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
>

>>On the initial CT screen, enter DU1/K6ACZ for your callsign.  Then it
>>should not ask you for a section.  Let me know if this fixes the problem.
>>
>>73 - Jim AD1C
>>
>>At 06:44 PM 11/16/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>>

>>>I will be operating the 2002 ARRL 10M Contest from Manila, Philippines
>>>this year.  I use CT as my contest logger.  When I do a test log to
>>>check my software CTWin asks me for my SECTION.  What should I enter
>>>for my section from Manila?  It asks me for a section regardless if I
>>>have the CT.CFG file in the folder or not.  I will be using DU1/K6ACZ
>>>as my call.  Is CT looking at my K6 call and looking for a section?
>>>Also, I too have a new laptop than my previous trips.  It uses XP.  I
>>>installed CTWin and it is working fine (no fancy stuff, just a
>>>logger/dupe checker) but I also suffer from the small CT window.  I
>>>can expand the size of the window, but the CT window stays the same
>>>size.  All I do is expand the gray background behind the CT blue
>>>field.  Someone earlier suggested to someone else to try the Fn-F7 key
>>>to adjust screen size.  The Fn-F7 key on my laptop (Compaq Presario
>>>2701US) makes the screen dimmer (Fn-F8 makes it brighter).  Anymore
>>>suggestions?
>>>

>>--
>>Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA 01863
>>USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
>>PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---