[ct-user] CT 9.90 and WAEDC

Bernhard Buettner ct at dl6rai.muc.de
Tue Aug 12 21:27:29 EDT 2003

Dear CT users:

Can any of you confirm or comment on the following observations of
CT 9.90.007 during WAE DX Contest last weekend? We operated Multi-Single
from DF0CG using MS-DOS 6.22 and FT-1000D (not MP) in an Ethernet
configuration with NETTSR. We used Wintelnetx and were connected
to PI4CC via DSL line for 48 hours.

- QTCs are not sent out to the network correctly.
  a) Computer 2 incrases its QTC count by 20 when computer 1
     sends 10 QTCs.
  b) The QTCs are not visible on computer 2. When you check
     for that station, CT says "NO QTC rcvd from..."
  c) After restarting computer 2, the QTC count is 0.

- The "*needed mult*" information goes away very quickly
  (<1 sec). Also the "NO QTC rcvd from..." information
  shows up only for a few milliseconds. This seems to
  be influenced by radio control because here at
  home without a radio connected there is no such problem.

- The software was generally a little unstable. We had about
  20 crashes total over 48 hours. The system just froze,
  sometimes even in the middle of keying CW. It happened
  only every few hours, never in a short sequence.
  Maybe also a local problem at DF0CG.

- After restarting, VFOs A and B are switched by CT. We
  had to press A<>B to get back on the correct frequency.

- Idea 1: Why not save the bandmap at regular intervals and
  read it back in after a restart. Losing all the information
  in the band map is the most annoying effect after a crash.

- The Check Partial Window when used in MASTER.DTA mode,
  says "Radio 1 Partials (Bold Calls needed)" on the
  top and "Radio 1 on 20" on the bottom line. Does this
  make sense? I think it should read "Log and MASTER.DTA
  Checked".

- Idea 2: Give us a new color in the Announce windows and
  a new symbol in the band map to show callsigns from which
  we still need QTCs.

73 Ben, DL6RAI
--
[] Bernhard Buettner (Ben)
[]      Mail: Schmidweg 17, 85609 Dornach, Germany
[]  Internet: ct at dl6rai.muc.de
[]    Packet: DL6RAI @ DB0AAB.#BAY.DEU.EU