[ct-user] Rig control problem moving from dos > win98

Ken Newman N2CQ at Dandy.Net
Sun Feb 9 09:59:53 EST 2003

I have been operating on a machine running DOS 6.22
with CT 9.50 or so with a TS850 RS232 interface.
As I recall, the BAND MAP pointer used to go up and
down the map as one turns the rig frequency knob.
Some months ago I went to a computer running win95
rev 2 and now win98 rev 2, both running rebooted
in DOS.  The only feature that doesn't work on the two
is the following the rig up and down the band.  You can
move the rig using the spot on the BANDMAP but it never
follows the rig when you QSY.  I've upgraded to 9.77 and still the
same.Anyone else have that?

Other problems on 9.85:
Serious problems on rig AND TNC.
ALT -F1 or ALT-F2 moves only two bands (40 & 15)
between the two but don't change band on screen.
No spots until TNC is powered off.  Then I get only the
first spot.
Back to 9.77 for this weekend.
I must have missed something major on this list!

Ken Newman - N2CQ
Woodbury, NJ 08096
N2CQ at ARRL.NET