[ct-user] CTWIN 9.87

Alan C. Zack k6acz at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 6 14:46:20 EST 2003

As I stated (see my original comments quoted below) I was not making a
complaint nor did I say Jim was wrong.  I also appreciate all the work
Ken, Jim, and the others do to keep CT so great.  I was confused.
Since several others asked about this same matter it seemed I was not
the only one confused.  I merely wanted to point out that the info on
the web site was out dated so others may not also get confused.  Not
all CT users are subscribed to the reflector and may just follow
instructions shown on the web site without knowing there has been a
change.  I was just trying to help and was not complaining.
If I came across as a grumpy user as K4OJ asserts I apologize.  That
was not my purpose.
I would appreciate any comments from others if this is not the purpose
of the reflector (helping each other and keeping the information
current) and if I went about it wrong how should I have presented my
question.
Alan, K6ACZ

"Jim White, K4OJ" wrote:

> Oh, by the way Jim, AD1C - not all of us are grumpy users of a not for
> profit software which has made contesting easier for us...
>
> Thank you for all you do to help support CT....
>
> 73,
>
> Jim, K4OJ
>
> p.s. 51 days until the Florida QSO Party
>
> Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
>
> > OK, I'll fix the text!
> >
> > - Jim
> >
> > At 04:15 PM 3/5/2003 -0800, Alan C. Zack wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks.  That is good to know.  I'll try that next time.  I learn
> >> something new everyday.  I didn't mean to say you were wrong, I was
> >> just quoting what is on the web site at:
> >> http://www.k1ea.com/ctvault/
> >> There is the statement:
> >> IMPORTANT:  CTWin is now a self extracting installer. If you have
> >> installed a prior version of CTWIN, uninstall it before installing
> >> this version. You can do this via the control panel install/remove
> >> software feature.
> >> 73

> >> drive

> >> the existing

                                Alan Zack
		         Amateur Radio Station K6ACZ
                      Anaheim, Southern California, USA
                   Home of the World Series Winners ANGELS
                Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
                              SEMPER PARATUS