[ct-user] Paddle intout to the computer

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Mar 16 10:54:17 EST 2003

Ken,

Thanks for asking us - I personally would like to have the paddle input
at the same speed as the computer is sending.

While I have not used this feature on other software I have often found
myself hitting the paddle and too late remembering that it is set either
much higher or much slower than the computer.

I think the main usage of the paddle for me would be when I see I have
hosed the keyboard inputting of a callsign - rather than have too much
dead time while re-typing I can much faster jump to the paddle/hit F11
with the free hand and start hunting and pecking the correct call input.

I would recommend as always you check with the other big 3 software
writers to see what they are doing as far a pinouts on the LPT that they
use so an interface would be "universal".

73,

Jim, K4OJ

41 days until the Florida QSO Party - be there  http://www.qsl.net/fqp/