[ct-user] Binding problem with CTWin 9.90.001

Marcus Busch [DL1EKC] DL1EKC at Genion.de
Sat May 3 23:55:50 EDT 2003

Hi out there,

upgrading from CTWin 9.81.002 to CTWin 9.90.001 I ran into trouble with
ethernet networking. I should point out, that I made a full uninstall
before installing the new version. All old DLLs have been removed
successfully.

I have configured my networking interface with TWO IP-addresses in order
to allow two applications to bind the socket.

This worked perfectly with CTWin 9.81.002. What happens now with CTWin
9.90.001 is a bit strange:

CTWin binds to ALL available IPs thus blocking all other applications
(e.g. WinTelNetX) from binding to my adapter card. The second thing which
happens: CTWin receives all data packets coming over the network two times
(remember: two IPs associated with my card).

I have no idea how to overcome this problem. If I assign five IPs to my
networking interface CTWin graciously binds to these five IPs and starts
receiving everything 5 times.

On the other hand: I just one of these five IPs of my adapter card is
bound to another application CT failes to network at all.

Any idea?

Suggestion: It would be most comfortable to have the option to tell CTWin
to which interface (IP) it should bind to. This could be done with the
command line switch -enet 10.0.0.1 for example.

VY 73 de Marcus, DL1EKC