[ct-user] CT & WAE outside EU

Axel.Schernikau Axel.Schernikau at siv.de
Tue May 27 21:29:12 EDT 2003

Hello guys,

may be somebody of You can help (Jim, AD1C ... mails to Your address are
not deliverable) ...

I'm not an avoid contester but having fun to take part and make a good
number of interesting contacts. So p.e. in WW DX I'm always trying to
make interesting and difficult contacts resulting in around 350-500 Qs
in 40-44 hours.

Now I'm planning at least a good effort (mostly depends on local
electrical and TVI conditions) in WAE CW where I wish to be QRV as 4K0CW
from Azerbaijan. As it is only few weeks ago I thought I would now
prepare a bit to choose the right logging software and check and analyze
the needed functions.

At all there shouldn'r be any difficulty, as no Computer-TRX-Interface,
no network, no cluster ot internet spots etc. will be used.

I'm used to log main contests (which are supported) by CT.
I'm having a laptop running Win2K, so I'm using CTWin from nearly the
first time it was released (at least 1.5 years when I got off the old
Win95-PC).

Currently I've installed the newest Version of CTWin 9.90.001.
So I tried how to handle the QTC-traffic will go .... and all starts ...
may be it is the same bug as K1EA reported today in using new windows
functions (?) with the move-left- and move-right-keys?

What I did:

I've entered 12 QSOs, than pressed ALT-L to come into the QTC-Mode, all
fine ... the call of the last station and the first 10 QSOs are
displayed with the hint "enter receiving station call and press Enter".

So I can hit Enter (if the call is correct) but can't find any key for
further use to confirm that these QSOs were send (manually using the
keyer). If I'm pressing ALT-L again I'm still getting the info that the
current station hasn't received any QTCs.

Next problem:
If the station I worked is not the station I wish to give QTCs (e.g.
someone asked for QTCs but already had a QSO this band) I can not
override the call which is initially shown from my last QSO, I can only
add letters at the beginning ... no keys left / right / del etc.

So I don't know if I'm just missing a few informations or this shows
other bugs in current version and this one can't be used for WAE?
What version of program can be used properly for WAE CW from outside
Europe? (and where do I find it?).
As I'm using Win2K it must be one of the CTWin-version or another
logging program for Windows (as it will be for single-contest-activity
it shouldn't be one of the "pay first"-"try after" programs).

Have a few weeks to prepare and to decide which logging software to use,
but CT is the most familar to me for such matter.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Axel Schernikau, DL6KVA
dl6kva at qsl.net