[ct-user] Re: CT for Sprint

Ken Wolff ken at k1ea.com
Sat Jan 31 09:08:41 EST 2004

ONERADIO

This just uses alt-period. CT switches to the other radio and changes color=
 so you know what radio you are on. The assumption is that your external ha=
rdware switches both tx and audio when you push this. With some setups you =
might have to switch the tx/rx hardware manually.

TWORADIO

This assumes you have something like the WX0B box which switches rx audio w=
hen the computer is sending. While the computer is sending CT changes color=
 and switches to the other radio so you can tune around on. In the sprint y=
ou probably want to use this mode to find someone to call, or find a CQ fre=
quency on another band.

ALTERNATE =

CT continuously CQ's, toggling between radios. If you get an answer and typ=
e in a call, the sequence stops. At this time, this is probably not too goo=
d for the sprint because you need to have frequencies on two radios clear w=
hen you start. Also, the first CQ after making a contact is on the same rad=
io you just got the answer on. In the sprint you would want this to fire up=
 on the other radio.

- Ken