[ct-user] Catagory F and catagory/section fill in

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Thu Jul 1 00:11:12 EDT 2004

I used the latest CT DOS version downloaded from the web site, although
I did not probably get all of the other support files, just used what CT
SETUP.EXE generated. I had two laptops networked using plain serial data
connection on COM1 of each laptop. One laptop was running a DOS window
(the owner said it was the only way) and the other did not have Windows
up at all, just running DOS. CT would not accept catagory F entries. And
the catagory and section of stations we had already worked NEVER got
automatically filled in. I was rushed to get everything (not just the
logging system, but also antennas and radios) together. I suspect that
had I done the file updating properly the F catagory would have worked.
I wonder about the automatic catagory and section fill in though. I
seems like that should have worked. It sure would have been nice.

DE N6KB