[ct-user] Time

Ed Parish K1EP k1ep at arrl.net
Tue Jul 13 20:23:53 EDT 2004

I played around a little with CT10.01.008.   I didn't have a TZ variable set and like what has been reported, there was a 4 hour offset.  Which is fine for me here on the East Coast :).   However, not good for most others.  So I set the variable TZ to zero.  It then had an offset of zero.  Seems like the variable is being initialized to 4 if you do not have it set.  So, therefore, I suggest that you do set the variable to a value.  Set it to 0 if your time in DOS is in UTC.  Set it to 7 if you are on the left coast, 4 on the right coast, etc.   Try that out and see if it solves the problem.  In the long run, I think that Ken should initialize the variable to 0.