[ct-user] IC-765 Uni-directional communication

Bob Evans bevans at hal-pc.org
Sun May 30 18:46:33 EDT 2004

Believe it or not, I'm new to CT, and I'm trying to configure it with
IC-765 radio control for our FD effort.  I am able to send direct entry
frequencies and Alt-F1/F2 band changes, but I'm not able to change modes
with Ctrl-F1/F2 nor does CT change bands if the buttons on the rig are
used, rather than via the computer.  It seems as if there is only one
way communication.  I can send, but not receive data from the rig.  Is
this normal or have I forgotten a setting of some kind?  I am using the
same cables I use with TR Log (pin 2, pin 3 and ground) which gives me
bi-directional info.  Maybe CT needs DTR, CTS or something else for
polling????

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bob K5WA