[ct-user] Windows XP and DOS Dual-Boot Status - First Success!

kd4d at comcast.net kd4d at comcast.net
Wed Oct 27 13:07:57 EDT 2004

Good day, all:

Doug Freestone, VE5UF, has successfully created a dual-boot system
using the procedure I sent him!  :-)   He is going to continue to
help me improve and clarify the procedure notes.

Also, I wanted to re-iterate that I am using a "Linux Live" CD to
do the partitioning.  This version of Linux runs entirely from the
CD and does not touch the hard disk at all.  All you have to do
to run it is boot the CD, hit a couple of carriage returns, and
then type in "run_qtparted."  You may not even know that
you are running Linux!  :-)  You do not have to install Linux on your
hard disk.  If you follow the procedure, when you are done
your machine will just have DOS 7.1 and Windows XP on it.

73,

Mark, KD4D