[ct-user] has anyone design or implemented search partial from with K1Ea's CT using the qrz online preminium service xml ???????

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Fri Sep 17 10:33:58 EDT 2004

--- KG5VK Steve <kg5vk at LottsPhoto.com> wrote:

> has anyone design or implemented search partial from within
> K1Ea's CT using the qrz online preminium service xml features???????

Hi Steve,

Thanks for moving this over from the contesting.com on-line forums.

It's not currently supported.  Ken would have to code this into the program.

I'm not sure that it's useful for contests.  Here are a couple of reasons:

- every time you added/changed a callsign letter, CT would have to
  query the server again.  This I imagine would be very SLOW.  The
  MASTER.DTA file is hashed for faster lookups.  That would not be
  possible to do via an XML query (unless CT stored *every* intermediate
  callsign that matched the partial, which defeats the purpose of
  the function).

- you really want only the callsigns of ACTIVE contest stations in the
  database, not EVERY callsign.  Even master callsign databases with
  over 20 to 25K callsigns are really pushing the limits of what's
  considered "active" (IMO).

I can see where this might be useful for unique callsigns, but not enough to
consider it an essential function.

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC