[ct-user] How do send CW to an Orion?

Ed K1EP k1ep.list at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 21:36:53 EST 2005

At 12/8/2005 08:22 PM, Bill Tippett wrote:
> >Is this like the @#$%^& Yaesu FT1000MP?
>
>         Jim, I now have an Orion and had an MP
>before that.  You can do what you want
>with either.  You've discovered the Orion
>solution in the manual, but I recall the MP
>would accept a simple Y phono plug into the
>key input with both CT and external keyer input.
>I seem to recall it only worked with the plug
>inserted halfway for some reason but it did
>work fine for me many years in contests.

Bill, That wasn't the point.  You can use a Y with any radio and any two sources.  The point here was that you can't use an external keyet (CT in this case) and the internal keyer at the same time on the MP without manipulating menus.  You can on the Icom radios, as they provide a separate key line input and a keyer input.