[ct-user] Omni Vi and CT DOS 10.12.003

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Fri Jan 28 19:54:09 EST 2005

     One thing that is often trouble, is that even though I found the
list of stuff that can be specified in the CT.CFG file, such as "RADIO1"
there is not a concise description of what the acceptable options are.
So for instance is it IC781, or IC-781, or Icom 781, or Icom781, or Icom
IC781,or Icom IC-781, etcetera? If you use an unrecognized radio name,
it does not tell you, it just doesn't work. I have tried to follow the
exact lettering in the pop up list that you get when starting up CT
without using the "-now" switch.
     So far, after extensive experimentation, the best I can get is:
with CdE ON on the Omni VI, the computer knows what frequency the radio
is on,and can switch SPLIT on and off, but does not load the frequencies
into the radio. With CdE OFF the computer can control the radio, but
does not get frequency information from the radio. This is using the
OMNI-VI setting in CT and at any baud rate I have tried 1200, 2400,
4800 and 9600. It works the same at any baud rate. Using the IC781
setting has not helped, it even made it worse.

I'm sticking with Radio1: com1, Omni-VI, 9600 and CdE ON.

Thanks for the help,

Ken N6KB