[ct-user] Command Line Switches

Tim Long tlong2 at nycap.rr.com
Sun Jun 12 23:28:44 EDT 2005

Hi Ken, et al.

>I would like the program to start up with AUTOSAVE turned on
>automatically. Can this be done with a line in the CT.CFG file? Or is
>there a command line switch, such as "-AUTOSAVE"?

Add the following line to your CT.CFG file:
AUTOSAVE:        ON

>I also need help with one of the laptops, which is borrowed from another
>club member. I would like to write a new AUTOEXEC.BAT file that will
>boot the computer up directly into DOS, without starting Windows. I have
>done this to my own computer, but when I look at the AUTOEXEC.BAT file
>in the borrowed laptop it looks nothing like the original AUTOEXEC file
>in mine. So I am hesitant to make any changes just yet. Perhaps I need
>to change the CONFIG.SYS file?

To boot directly to the DOS prompt, you need to modify the MSDOS.SYS
file.  It is really just a hidden, read only, text file and you edit it
with Notepad after changing the attributes.  See the Yankee Clipper
Contest Club guidance for details of the changes - it's probably in
other locations as well.  The AUTOEXEC.BAT file needs to have the path
to CT specified in a PATH statement.  No changes to the CONFIG.SYS
file.  Good luck in Field Day.  We'll be K2AE, 5A, ENY.
Tim, W2UI