[ct-user] CT Win CW LPT IBM Thinkpad 600 help

Mike K7Cf k7cf at msn.com
Tue Nov 8 20:19:33 EST 2005

I installed CT Win and tried to use CW keying from two different IBM thinkpad laptops. I built a NPN keying circuit using pins 1, 17, and 18 along with a 1K resistor. I can hear CW being generated by CT from the computer with SOUND on but there is no fluxuation coming out of the pins of the LPT1 connector. I tried it on another IBM thinkpad 600 and the same result, I could not key the rig as there was no CW coming out of the LPT port.
Any ideas what I am doing wrong or is there some parameter in the IBM thinkpads that need to be changed to allow CW keying. I would appreciate any help.
Mike K7CF
k7cf at msn dot com