[ct-user] delete a QSO

Mark Bailey kd4d at comcast.net
Wed Nov 23 08:15:21 EST 2005

Hi Allan:

If you do this, and the other person's clock was slightly off,
he will get a Not-In-Log and a penalty.

If the time is 03:00 in your log, I THINK the ARRL will just
delete the QSO without a penalty (last time I screwed up off-times
they just deleted QSO's from the end of my log without a
penalty.  Ask them.  Causing the other guy a NIL and penalty
would be unkind!)  They're going to rescore your log anyway.

Now, how to actually delete the QSO, should you decide that is
the best course of action.

First, make a COPY of your log (the binary file).

There are two ways to do this.  The easiest way is to generate
the Cabrillo file, delete that line (Cabrillo is a text file),
change your claimed score at the top and submit it!

The second way is to enter YOUR callsign for the QSO,
W2OIB.  Then, there is a utility called FIX_MINE
which comes with CT which will remove that QSO.

FIX_MINE may screw up serial numbers if you use this
technique to remove a QSO in the middle of the contest,
but it should work fine for the last one!  I've only used
it in contests without serial numbers.  I have also been
known to use the callsign from the PREVIOUS qso which
gives me an automatic dupe.  I do try to make sure that
I change the exchange information to match in that case.

73,

Mark, KD4D