[ct-user] CQ Robot bounces (kinda long...)

Chuck Chandler charles_chandler at comcast.net
Sun Nov 27 21:27:55 EST 2005

I've just finished my modest 80-Meter effort in CQ WW CW.  Only 60 QSO's but
they include #'s 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 and 100 on 80 meters for me, so it was a
success!

When I submit my log I get the reply:

Your submission to cw at cqww.com does not appear to be in the
required Cabrillo format.

I did two things after the contest - I ran b2r, changed a time, then ran
r2b.  I also ran fix_mine to remove a bad QSO.  Nothing else.  After that I
opened the log in CT and verified everything looked OK.  I had downloaded
10.02.008 this past week, along with cty and master files so all is up to
date.  I opened the WS1L.log file in Notepad and all the data looks right,
correct format, etc.  Yet, when I sent it (as an attachment) I got the
bounce message above.

IIRC, this happened to me in the 2005 CQ WPX test and I sent an email to the
address given for robot issues but never got a response.  I guess my log was
too small to matter to them, not even an email reply.

So, I cut and pasted the log text into the next email and got a reply that
it could be processed but had errors.  The errors were many lines with a 1
at the end, and many lines with times (correct ones) that were (according to
the robot) outside the contest times... like:

QSO:  3531 CW 2005-11-27 0233 WS1L          599 4      KL7WV         599 1
  Line 96 was discarded.  Invalid date and time.  The contest took
  place from 0000Z on 2005-11-26 through 2359Z on 2005-11-27.

Umm, hello? 0233 on 2005-11-27 is within the contest time period... and
there were about 30 more like this.  Half of my little log is being ignored.

I went into the log file and removed all the "1"'s at the end of each line.
Still got the weird clock errors, though.

Has anyone else seen this problem, and is there a fix?

And, more to the point... as the CQ Robot told me:

You only have 1 log to submit correctly, we have
more than 7000 to process!

Quite true... but if CQ doesn't make things a bit easier for us little
pistols, the big guns will be all alone.  That ought to cut down on their
workload.

If there are errors in my Cabrillo file, I'll fix them.  I guess with all
the CT users out there, the chances of CT doing it wrong are pretty slim but
I can't figure out where I messed it up.

Any and all help, hints, etc. gratefully appreciated...

73,
Chuck Chandler
WS1L
charles_chandler at comcast.net