[ct-user] New Contest Country Files - 19 October 2005

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Wed Oct 19 20:51:20 EDT 2005

New Contest Country Files are available.  You can download them from:

          http://www.k1ea.com/cty/history.htm#CTY-1504

Please make sure to follow the installation instructions in README.TXT

Unfortunately, the new long list of USA callsign exceptions was not
only incomplete, but it broke CT 10.02.008, so I backed out to the
exception list from the previous version.  Can people using the other
programs (NA, N1MM, TR, Writelog etc.) try the 1503 (broken) version
with a really big CQWW log (approaching 10K QSOs) and let me know if
the program can handle the large country file?

Here are the release notes for this version:
    * Backed out the USA callsign/zone exceptions to 1502 version.
The larger list broke CT 10.02.008.
    * Many callsign exceptions (LU and others) did not make it into
ARRL.CTY, now fixed
    * Added AD4EB in TN (zone 4) to list of USA callsign exceptions
    * IT (not IT9) is Sicily, IT9
    * E20HHK/2, E20HHK/3, E20HHK/5, E20HHK/6, E20HHK/8, E20NTS/8,
E20HHK/9 and E21AOY/8 are all Thailand, HS
Ken K1EA says he'll look at CT on Thursday morning, 10/20.  I also
have to fix the program that generated the USA exception call list
because it missed some (i.e. KH2D in Florida).  I will try to release
CTY-1505 by the weekend, if not before.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us