[ct-user] New version of CT to ADIF coming - comments?
Jim Reisert AD1C
jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Sun Apr 30 20:34:20 EDT 2006
I'm getting ready to release a new version of CT to ADIF. Here are
the new features:
1. There is a new "-pfx" argument to write the WPX prefix for the
callsign to the ADIF file.
Someone requested this because their program doesn't determine
the prefix on import.
2. There is a new "-id" argument to write the CONTEST_ID
field. There are three options:
* no -id argument means no CONTEST_ID field will be written
* -id argument (by itself) means an ADIF-compatible CONTEST_ID
field will be written.
* -id <name> uses the name specified as the CONTEST_ID. Make
sure to use "quotes"
if there are spaces in the name.
NOTE: this replaces the old functionality where CONTEST_ID was
set to the CT name of
the contest (in all cases).
3. Added support for abbreviations used in the 7-Land QSO
Party. These will be converted
to legal ST,County values for the CNTY ADIF field, as long as
you logged them using the
NEQP contest mode. If you are operating from inside 7-Land,
there will be some ambiguity
because CT only accepts the first 4 letters of the
abbreviation. The program will display
a warning when this occurs, and you may have to manually fix
your log after importing.
4. In ARRL DX (from the DX side), DC is not a state, it's converted
to MD (Maryland).
5. Fixed a random program crash.
6. Typing the program name by itself brings up more helpful "Help" text.
I could use some help testing the new features. If anyone's
interested, drop me a line.
73 - Jim AD1C
Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA 01863
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us
More information about the CT-User